Saturday, 22 April 2017

Borgo Sant' Ambrogio, Tuscany

Last year I was invited to visit the region of Tuscany, courtesy of Italian Eye as part of their KaleidoTour experience - it was a while ago now, but when I look back at the photographs of the weekend I am whisked back there in a moment.

We stayed at the most insanely beautiful residence called Borgo Sant' Ambrogio - a historic Italian estate that has been in the same family for three generations.



So these are the views from the terrace - literally a breath of fresh air. I went on this trip bang in the middle of an extremely hectic time at work and I remember looking out at this view with a cup of coffee and feeling so relaxed. Quiet, private and remote, these views of the surrounding hills and lake below the estate were really breathtaking. 


The beautiful pool is located just below the main terrace at Borgo Sant' Ambrogio - such a beautiful spot - this is the kind of view you never get bored of. 


Alfresco breakfast - you can't really beat this...


As the day faded into the evening, the buildings were swathed in the most wonderful light during that perfect Tuscan golden hour.




We arrived on Friday afternoon and left on Monday morning, but even for just a weekend trip I felt so refreshed. We flew back into Stansted so I nipped into our Humphrey Munson showroom in Felsted when we got back and remember feeling like I'd been away for a week. 

To see more of this incredible estate, visit the website here or follow them on instagram here


No comments:

Post a Comment